Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Vires, Artes, Mores


I just finished my last exam ever at Florida State University. Wow, I can't believe it. I don't think it has hit me yet that after 7 years I actually am a college graduate. Instead of walking/marching/standing in place as they call your name at graduation, whatever they do, I gave it about two seconds of thought and decided that it was more important to have Mallorie's birthday party on that day. She is my graduation present. All of the stuff she has gone through to get me through with/to my degree, she deserves an extra party; for all of the "I'll be right back"s, all of the "I can't right now, I have to study"s, and all of the late nights. I will have to say that I do owe many thanks to my mom and my wonderful husband also for sticking by me in my determination. Now I am faced with the question of what will I ever do with it?! I would love to teach high school band, but we also want to have more children. What is a mother to do? It is so much easier to get a "real job" than it is to stay at home. Joe knows that more than ever now and has been helping out alot, while I've been in school and working part-time, by staying home with Mallorie. Okay, so he's like that country song "Mr. Mom". Let me say one thing as a side note about his skills as a part-time stay-at-homer, though: so normally a stay-at-home mom would clean during the day, at least some, but between him and Mal...you start to wonder if you are outside with all the dirt that was tracked in, and then you begin to ask yourself if there had possibly been a small earthquake that was to blame for all of the distruction in the house. Mallorie can sure tell you how a car works and can fix anything with a screw driver, though. Joe is probably going to give me the "I can't believe you wrote that on there" look when he reads this, but hey I'm sure someone will find it humorous!! I know people think we are crazy...we are a peculiar people after all, right?


On a more serious note though, I know that God has blessed me with my education and I am so grateful. I know I am where I am supposed to be. Where I'm going in my life from here, well now that is a mystery. So long, Florida State...


Alma Mater -

High Over Towering PinesHigh over towering pines our voices swell,

Praising those Gothic spires, we love so well.

Here sons and daughters stand, faithful and true,

Hailing our alma mater, F.S.U.


Hymn to the Garnet and Gold -

Here's a hymn to the Garnet and Gold, ringing to the sky.

Here's a song for the men and women bold. Sing with heads held high.

Striving ere to seek to know, Fight for victory.

Alma Mater, this our song to you. Echoes, F.S.U.


FSU Fight Song -

You've got to fight, fight, fight, for FSU

You've got to scalp 'em Seminoles;

You've got to win, win, win, win win this game

And roll on down and make those goals

For FSU is on the warpath now,

and at the battle's end she's great

So fight, fight, fight, fight to victory,

our Seminoles from Florida State.

3 said...:

Mrs. Blimes said...

Congratulations to you!!!! you, drew and fiayaz are all graduating this week!!! yay!

ps, jared is moving to vermont. you heard all the news right???

The Miller Family said...

Congratulations Jenn! That's wonderful! I'm jealous of your degree! Maybe one day I'll finish too!

Olivia said...

Congrats! We're in the same boat with ya, it's a lot harder to do the school thing with a little angel running around...SIGH! Thank goodness we're through too!