Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Power of...



...a 3-year-old's prayer. After I made that post yesterday, I decided to let Mallorie know as sensitive that I could that Tag was missing. We went calling him around the yard a few times and then came back and sat on the porch. Mal put her head on her hands and let out a huge sigh. I told her Tag needed her to say a prayer for him. We came inside and she said as I folded my arms, "No, no, no, you've got to put your hands on my head!" She thought that would give Tag a blessing I suppose. I explained that we had to pray for Tag since he was not around. So, she folded her arms and said a short prayer, including in it "to bless Tag". I knew if he was coming back it would have to be because of her sincere prayer. While I was cooking dinner, Joe came home. After a while he came in and said that Tag had come up, but that he was foaming at the mouth! Of course, our first thought was rabies. After a while of checking on him outside, we saw that something was just wrong with his mouth. At 8:30pm last night we took him to the "Emergency Vet" an hour away from us. Sounds kind of weird, and there were some interesting people there, but luckily for us they were open. Long story short, and over $300 later, Tag is back at home and taking some medicine to make him feel better and reduce the swelling in his face. We still have to take him to get his tooth pulled though. Poor snaggle-tooth! Anywho, glad we had good news to report!

3 said...:

The Miller Family said...

I'm so glad that he came home! And what a neat experience for Mal to have at such a young age that prayers are real and powerful! I'm sure you already have, but you should journal that story for her with a pic of her and Tag!

Mrs. Blimes said...

thank goodness! it is so so sad to lose a pet! remember the zeus saga? sorry again about your comforter! lol hey, sorry i didnt call back my phone died and i left the charger at work!

Stephanie said...

yay! the power the young ones is amazing. i am glad everything is safe and back to normal. my goodness mal has gotten so much older since the last time i saw her. she really is beautiful.