Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mini-vacation

My mom called on Friday from work and was in desperate need of a Memorial day 3-day weekend excuse for a vacation. Nowhere in mind to go, just "let's go!"....so, we came up with going to St. Augustine/Jacksonville for a little shopping, gaming, swimming, all around get out of town but not too far adventure! We had a lot of fun to say the least. It was definately nice to get away. Mallorie had a lot of firsts, including learning to swim. She did such a good job!! I never knew I could worry so much, though! Other firsts include riding the go-kart, playing mini-golf, and seeing the beach (we did take her as a baby, but I don't think it counts). She was really excited about the arcade, too(I'll add some pictures of the arcade later from my phone). She's an air hockey pro! Really she does very well for her age at all of the things we did. She has really gotten to be very fun...just in time to go through all the baby stages again with another! Honestly, I think Mal will help me out a lot this time with the new arrival. Anyway, after we exhausted all of our coins at the arcade, we had about 750 tickets to show for it. Mallorie got some "noise putty" with 125 of them. The entire trip anytime wqe got in the car she'd say, "Want to play the pootin' game?!" Then we would take out the poot sounding noise putty and laugh away to our next destination. Definately the perfect addition to a Stansel fam vacation...anyone who knows us very well would agree I'm sure.


















1 said...:

Laurel said...

That looks like a blast! I'm glad you got away and had some fun with family. You look so cute, by the way!