Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Forgiveness


Day 3: Something you have to forgive yourself for.


This has been a hard question for me. I have spent 24 hours thinking of an answer and I am still at a loss. This question takes so huge of an answer and I haven't been able to water it down. I am assuming the question is directing itself towards something I have not yet forgiven myself for. I am a sinner. I am not perfect. I am not even close to perfect. I try. I try to apply the atonement in my life. Heavenly Father wants to forgive me for things I have done wrong and to teach me. I want to obey Him with all my heart; sometimes I am not the best at that but I want to, even yearn to.


When I realize I am not perfect and will sin here because satan is after me...forgiveness is the light I see at the end of the tunnel. Forgiveness is all we have. After doing wrong, I have to tell my Father, "I'm sorry". Without it I would be nothing. With it we can do anything.


I hope this is not a lame "Sunday School answer", because I mean it with all of my being:


I must forgive myself for all of my short-comings.


In saying that, here are some specifics!:


-Not being loving enough/saying I love you enough to people I deeply love and value...though I am working really hard at it!

-Laziness/idleness-not doing the things that really mean something in life

-Not sharing the gospel

-Comparing myself to others

-Wanting what others have

-Worrying about what others think

-Not keeping the Sabbath Day holy


I have to forgive myself for these things repeatedly. I do actually try to fix most of these earnestly. I know the key is to keep moving forward.


Forgiveness is the engine driving me forward.





2 said...:

Mrs. Blimes said...

You are so wonderful Jenn Beast. Your honesty is inspiring. I love that about you. You never try to fake the funk and pretend to be something you're not. I love you and I'm going to call you right now.

Jenn said...

So glad you called! It made my day!