Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter at Temple Square

Just us girls...and a cookie.
We decided saturday night, that Easter Sunday we would go to Salt Lake and have a picnic at the temple. This was Joe's and the girls' first time seeing the Salt Lake Temple. I have only seen it once before. It was even more beautiful than the first time. How can that be? I think I was able to take in more of my surroundings this time. It was a little cold, but we still enjoyed our lunchables and we decorated the cookies my mom sent to us. We got some really good pictures of the girls in their Easter dresses. We couldn't believe there was a theme park open, though..boo. We could see all the rides going like it was just any day. I hope they lost money that day. Anywho, we had a great time. Can't wait to go back.


Grateful for the man who offered to take our picture *but did he know he cut out Moroni?*

 The kids loved their Easter basket, and the Easter bunny even brought them scripture markers and a church video! Must have been easier for him to find out here...When we first brought up that we needed to get an Easter basket to set out so the Easter bunny could come, Mal responded, "I know the Easter bunny is not real. I know it's just y'all." So, I was actually fully ready to accept that she had moved on. Later that day, her neighbor/church friend was so excited about the Easter bunny that I think Mal got convinced again, so I just rolled with the punches. I just keep talking about and asking her why we really celebrate Easter. As long as she knows that, I could really care less about the rest. And last night when we got home from the temple, Mallorie was excited to watch the DVD the Easter bunny brought her. And when it was over, she asked to watch it again. All in all, it was a good Easter. Just missing a few key people, of course.
See how Brianna has learned to open things herself.

2 said...:

Shells said...

how fun! I can't wait to see Temple Square again. I love the girls dresses. and was your hair curled? cause it looked like it was in the first pic, and it was super cute :)

Jenn said...

Yep, I curled it that morning! Thanks for the compliment! When we were there yesterday I kept thinking about when you, 'Quesas, and I went. Good times.