Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Have you ever made....

....a Cupcake Cake??

Yeah, me either.

But, I will try! I just realized that last year for Brianna's birthday I made a cake that looked like a cupcake, and this year for Mal's birthday I am making cupcakes that look like a cake. Weird. Anywho, I thought it would be fun and kids always love cupcakes so hopefully I won't totally bomb at making it. I thought about even drawing Carly Shay from iCarly on it, but I may give up on that after the test run....
Example of a very nicely done cupcake cake:


Whoever did this one, said they baked cookies and painted them to make the iCarly logo.
The following is the picture I'm going to use, with step by step instructions, to draw Carly:
I'm on a limited budget, so the cake is going to have random colors (ones that were on sale!), so we shall see! I plan on updating this with pictures, unless I fail miserably.

Any suggestions from anyone who has made one before? I'm all ears.

0 said...: