Thursday, April 28, 2011

Gettin' crafty!

We have been watching way too much T.V. around here! When I need to fill in down time, that is what bonds the time together...the boob tube. I try to keep these kids, and myself, going all day with something constructive, but alas we succumb to iCarly, The Berenstain Bears, or some other DVD that screams "I'll capture your attention and pass the time!"

I was thinking the other day about that. Why do I try to pass the time?! I want time to slow down, really. I need to find, for myself and my entire family, something that helps us enjoy the time we have and not be bored or on the contrary overly extended. The internet and fb capture alot of my time, too. Limiting myself to checking up on fb to once a day is plenty, I'm sure; I digress. I wondered, do I really know my kids, I mean really know them? I want to.

T-I-M-E. Not passing time, but spending time. It's weird how you can live with people, and get so used to it that you forget how special the are, and what they hold inside that you have no idea about because you've become complacent.

Yesterday, we did a craft together, and it's what started me thinking of this. I really had all intentions of just blogging about the craft, but it meant so much more to me than that.







We thought it turned out pretty cute *thanks G-ma Stansel*. I hope I can learn how to relax more and spend quality time with them while they are young, especially. Maybe they will think I know something when they become teenagers. That may be wishful thinking though. Mallorie already thinks she knows more so who knows.

Mallorie also received a birthday package today! She and Bri were pretty excited!
After taking all the clothes out, she decides to try them on!

And, the gummy bears must have melted somewhere along the way.

"Look, mama, they're one big gummy glob!"
"That won't stop me!"


0 said...: